WRITER & COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
ArtWorks for Freedom, (ArtWorks), a nonprofit organization located in the Washington DC area, uses the power of the arts to raise awareness and inspire action to end human trafficking. This summer, we will celebrate our 5th anniversary and are looking for a dynamic and creative communications consultant to help take us to the next level.
- Develop brand awareness strategy to increase ArtWorks’ visibility.
- Develop and manage all print and electronic written material including newsletters, brochures, blogs, social media, director talking points and speeches, and ArtWorks’ website.
- Develop annual newsletter editorial schedule to include regular features, special events and blogs.
- Generate publicity and support in connection with artworks events.
- Develop relationships with pertinent editorial writers, reporters and bloggers in order to expand the reach of the organization.
- Maintain active and energetic social media presence with the goal of expanding our supporter base.
- Organize and implement web-based fundraising campaigns.
- Manage Google AdWords campaign.
- Experience with non-profit communications strategies in traditional and digital media.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proven track record with social media and web-based marketing and fundraising campaigns.
- Understanding of (and experience with) branding and marketing for nonprofit organizations.
- Familiarity with website development, content management and monitoring.
The ideal candidate for the position will be an energetic self-starter with the ability to identify opportunities and act upon them. We are looking for a resourceful person with problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, flexibility and good humor who has a demonstrated interest in human trafficking and modern slavery. She/he is mission driven, passionate about making a difference and able to work independently.
May 1, 2016
March 31, 2016
Send resume, cover letter addressing how you meet our qualifications, and 2 published writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Communications Specialist” in the subject line.